Submitted by a hunter from Indiana who cooked up this delicious backstrap from the whitetail deer he got himself. This hearty, country-style meal is the perfect main dish to have during your next big family dinner. Packed with flavor and doesn’t need much else besides a little bit of work (like hunting the deer).
Baked Venison Backstrap Recipe Instructions
- Salt and pepper both sides.
- Sprinkle a little bit cayenne pepper over the meat.
- Offset with brown sugar to make it sweet and spice, if needed.
- Minced garlic on all sides of the strap.
- Wrap it in bacon.
- Salt and pepper as needed.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 mins or until cooked to desired crispiness.
- Let the meat rest for 5 minutes, slice, and serve!