Submitted by Steven Miller of Indiana
So, you have some leftover venison meat from your last big hunting trip but aren’t sure what to cook. This is where our Common Hunter wild game recipes come in handy! If you’re looking to grill up a delicious meal using some of the savory venison you have, then you need to try this marinated venison steaks recipe! This savory, mouth-watering steak is the perfect main dish for the common hunter, family, and friends.
Venison Steaks Marinade
- 1 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon of parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon of pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoon of chopped garlic cloves
- 1 cup olive oil
- Mix all ingredients together in a bowl that is big enough to add the steaks. In this case, it had to be a rather big bowl due to the size of the steaks. (I prefer to make a cross over the top of the bowl with saran wrap. That way after the steaks are added, I can wrap them up)
- Wrap and chill for 8-24 hours.
- Remove steaks and sit out to room temperature for 15 minutes – 1 hour, or until grill is ready!
- Start grill, then clean grill.
- Place steaks over direct heat for 5-6 minutes.
- Flip steaks at 90 degrees for another 5-6 minutes.
- 170 degrees on both sides
- Add lightly melted butter on top of the steaks and let them sit for 15 minutes at room temperature (this will keep the juices insides the steaks for maximum flavor).
- Cut steaks and serve!!!
Delicious Wild Game Recipes
This is just one of the many wild game recipes we are cooking up at Common Hunter. From marinating venison steaks to rabbit stew recipes, we cover all types of wild game meat and how it is used to create some of the best tasting dishes we have ever had. We are always excited to hear from other hunters who enjoy cooking at home. If you’d like to share your venison or wild game recipe with us, please submit your recipe and photos to [email protected] . Happy hunting and eating!